WELCOME TO THE
HOME OF CARBON CERAMIC BRAKES
Surface Transforms are experts in the development and production of carbon-ceramic materials and the UK’s only manufacturer of carbon-ceramic brakes for automotive use. ST utilises our proprietary next-generation carbon-ceramic material - CCST - to create lightweight brake discs for high-performance applications, including automotive and aircraft brakes. Surface Transforms has extensive in-house engineering and manufacturing capabilities, including the facilities for manufacturing carbon-ceramic brake discs.
While conventional carbon-ceramic brake discs use discontinuous (chopped) carbon fibre, ST interweaves continuous carbon fibre to form a 3D matrix, producing a stronger and more durable product with 3x the heat conductivity compared to our competitors; this reduces the brake system operating temperature, resulting in increased life of components with the same brake performance.
Surface Transforms' unique patented Carbon-Ceramic technology provides the ultimate braking performance for road and track:
- Weight savings of up to 70% (typically 20kg of unsprung weight)
- Improved handling and driveability
- Improved NVH (less noise, vibration and harshness)
- Improved performance (in both wet and dry conditions)
- Reduced brake wear – giving increased life
- Corrosion Free
- Outstanding performance, even from cold
Click the logo to download the certificate.