Position: Permanent (following 6 month probation)
Reporting to: Senior Quality Engineer and Quality Manager
Location: Knowsley Industrial Estate, Knowsley, L33 7UF
Hours of work: 8-17 Mon-Thu, 8-14:30 Fri (Some flexibility)
As part of a further expansion of the Quality Team at Surface Transforms, we are now looking for a dynamic and reliable individual to join as a Quality Engineer.
- Coordinate, investigate and resolve non-conformance of internal processes, with suppliers and with customers.
- Carry out internal and supplier audits to ISO 9001, IATF 16949 and VDA 6.3.
- Maintenance of:
o Document Control System.
o Change Management System.
o Supplier Management System.
Essential Skills (Minimum Skill Requirements):
- Experience working in a component manufacturing environment.
- Experience working to international quality standards.
- Experience of process improvement tools.
- Ability to analyse information (including numerical) and interpret trends.
- Competency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in an automotive component manufacturing environment.
- Experience working to IATF 16949/TS 16949 and VDA 6.3 quality standards.
- Experience of auditing to international quality standards.
- Experience of APQP, FMEA, PPAP, SPC and MSA.
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Qualified to (Lean) Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Competency in Minitab.
- Competency in SAP Business One.
- Strong communicator.
- Copes well with pressure.
The role will involve travel to customer and supplier sites; this should be 5-10% of the time. This may include travel outside of the UK and outside of the EU. While access to a car is not essential, a full UK driver’s license is essential for travel within the UK.
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.